Mersey Marine Services Ltd is committed to upholding the privacy rights of its employees, customers and indeed everyone with whom we interact. As such, we ensure that any personal data collected is used lawfully and transparently. We act as the Data Controller of the personal data that we collect or is supplied to us in the course of delivering our services.
The type and volume of any personal data collected will depend on the nature of your interaction with us. If you do not wish to provide us with certain personal data, this may limit our ability to provide you with our services. Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification & contact information (Name, email address, address, phone number, etc.)
- This information is used to record and respond to enquiries we receive and communicate with our customers and employees. In order to ensure the information we hold is accurate, please inform us if this information changes during the course of your relationship with us.
- This information (and proof thereof) may also be requested to verify your identity and/or qualifications, where required.
- Financial Information (Bank Account Numbers, Credit Card Numbers etc.)
- This information will be used to enable us to provide payments to suppliers and or credits/refunds to customers.
- Security Footage
- We utilise cameras on our premises for security purposes, which may record you if you choose to visit us.
- Online Identifiers (IP address)
- When you visit our website, a record of your device’s IP address is logged, which is used anonymously in order to monitor website traffic.
Before processing any personal data, we ensure that there is sufficient legal basis under GDPR. This will either be in the through explicit consent being given; in cases where processing is necessary to comply with our contractual or legal obligations; or for the purpose of legitimate interests. We will not disclose or process personal data for any purpose other than what the data was originally collected for, unless there is an overriding legal basis to do so.
We may process personal data in the following circumstances:
- To fulfill our contractual obligations, including for the purpose of providing our services
- To fulfill our legal obligations, including for compliance with common/statutory law
- For the purpose of legitimate interests, including for security & identity verification
We employ experienced & knowledgeable IT staff, as well as working with independent consultants, contractors and observing the latest guidance & best practice to ensure data is protected across our networks and IT infrastructure. We utilise robust data and network security measures to safeguard data and promote digital/paperless solutions wherever practicable.
We will only retain personal data as long as necessary, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Personal data will be shared with external service providers only when necessary, in order for them to be able to provide us with technological, financial, legal or other professional services where required to fulfill contractual obligations, or for the purpose of legitimate interersts. When personal data is shared, it will be on a confidential basis and in compliance with GDPR.
We will also share data with organisations such as law enforcement and government bodies, in cases where we are legally obliged to do so.
Mersey Marine Services Ltd
18 Vandries Street
Our full contact information can also be found on our Contact page.